For specific product information, browse our products online or download our catalog and application
The Unique Design of a Mercotac Connector:
Mercotac rotating connectors use a unique design principle unlike the sliding, brush contact of a slip ring. The connection is made through a pool of liquid metal molecularly bonded to the contact, which provides a low resistance, stable connection. When there is rotation the fluid maintains the electrical connection between the contacts without any wear. The following are among the many reasons why Mercotac connectors are superior to slip rings.
- First, unlike a slip ring, Mercotac connectors produce near zero electrical noise due to their unique design.
- Second, resistance through the rotating contact is less than one milliohm, which is much lower than the resistance of a slip ring.
- Third, Mercotac connectors do not degrade the signal over time, which does happen with slip rings.
- Fourth, slip rings require maintenance and Mercotac connectors are maintenance free.
- Fifth, Mercotac connectors are more compact and cost far less than slip rings of equal capacity.